School History

St Joseph’s Primary School was founded by the Sisters of St Joseph in 1927.

The school was initially located in Milson St, Charlestown, adjacent to the parish church and the Josephite convent; however, as the Charlestown area grew and developed it was necessary to relocate to accommodate growing enrolments.

In 1975, the new school situated in a natural bushland setting was officially opened. St Joseph’s is proud of its Josephite heritage and continues to espouse the charism of the Josephite order.