Newcastle Transport provide our school bus services. Follow the link to find the service route for your area.
Opal Cards must be used for school bus travel and can be organised here. If a card is lost, parents need to visit the website for a replacement. To retain a card, children must abide by the State Transit’s Code of Behaviour. Unacceptable behaviour can result in the confiscation of the Opal Card.
In areas where there is no public transport, eligible residents may receive a subsidy for transporting their students to school by private vehicle.
School ‘Kiss and Ride’/Drop-off and Pick-up Areas
We have two “kiss and ride”’ zones: one at the front of the school in Shelton Street and one at the top half of Camrose Street.
For your information from the RTA:
A “kiss and ride” zone provides an appropriate place to drop off or pick up your children from school. This area, always on the school side of the road, is designated by a sign labelled “Kiss and Ride”.
- Always drop off or pick up your child from the designated area, following the school’s procedures.
- Drivers should remain in their vehicles at all times in the “kiss and ride” zone.
- Make sure children use the footpath-side door when getting in and out of a car.
- Make sure the hand brake is applied when the vehicle is stationary.
- Never double park.
- Never park across a pedestrian crossing.
- Never undertake a U-turn close to the school.
Safety tips for students in the ‘kiss and ride’ zone
- Stay buckled up until the vehicle has stopped in the “drop-off and pick-up” area.
- Make sure your school bag and other items are in a safe position, for example, on the floor.
- Be ready to get out of the car with your belongings when the car has stopped, and you have unbuckled your seatbelt.
- Always get in and out of the backseat of the vehicle through the safety door — the rear footpath-side door.